The Director of Social Services is Responsible for:
- Training and supervising staff and coordinating the functions of the social service department
- Establishing a trusting relationship with residents and family members
- Identifying resident’s social and psychological needs and providing support
- Completing assessments, developing care plans, and creating progress notes and all required documentation
- Utilizing an Electronic Medical Records System
- Assuring compliance with regulatory standards for social services
- Attending care plan conferences, all IDT meetings and committees
- Planning for discharges and utilizing community resources
- Resolving resident concerns and modeling customer service focus
- Providing resident, family and staff education
- Compiling statistical data and QA reports
- Meeting with the social service consultant and keeping current in field advances
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or human service field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor and discretion
- Management experience in a health care setting
Oak Brook Care is JCAHO accredited and Post-Acute Certified. Ideally located, we offer excellent benefits in a progressive environment.
This is a Full-time position with some weekends required.
Candidates, please send a resume to Lorena Acosta: email@example.com or fill out the form below.