The intensive, consistent schedule promotes a speedy recovery; reducing the time it takes patients to return to the home. The typical transition period ranges from one to six weeks. For patients requiring a longer stay, special accommodations can be made.
TRANSITIONAL REHABILITATION AND SERVICES
Following a surgery, significant injury, or illness, patients are usually anxious to return home to their normal routine. However, patients are often not yet ready to return home to the responsibilities of cooking, cleaning, and driving. To focus on recovery, many patients choose to enter a short-term, inpatient therapy program.
A thorough rehabilitation program:
- Provides concentrated healing time
- Offers specialized therapy regimes to support healing
- Improves overall function and ability
- Increases strength, flexibility, and stamina
- Prevents patients from returning to the hospital
- Reduces the risk of further injury or complications
To meet these goals, we provide the following specialized services:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Individualized Exercise Regimens
- Interventional Pain Management
- Surgical Wound Management
- Cardiac Care
- Respiratory Care
- Wellness Programs
- Weight, Disease, and Stress Management
- Home Adaptation and Applied Therapy
SUPPORTED AMBULATION SYSTEM
Our safety lift increases patients’ access to therapy. Our therapy gym includes more than 200 linear feet of track from which a walking harness is suspended. Patients can reduce or increase their weight-bearing limits in accordance with the doctor’s orders.
The lift helps patients by:
- Eliminating therapy delays due to weight-bearing restrictions
- Fostering a feeling of security
- Diminishing the fear of falling
- Increasing mobility
- Allowing for customizable weight-bearing status
Ideal candidates include those patients recovering from a stroke, ankle or knee fracture, neurological injury or surgery, or battling dementia or generalized weakness.
TECHNOLOGY IN THERAPY
Oak Brook Care utilizes progressive therapy technology paired with evidence-based transitional rehabilitation services to offer patients a proven tool in achieving a speedy return home. Technology in therapy includes the use of the world’s first virtual rehabilitation system. This system is designed specifically to meet the needs of medically complex conditions.
Oak Brook Care features technologies like:
- Virtual rehabilitation
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation
- Motorized rehabilitation cycling
The use of technology is aimed at improving treatment. Technology in therapy supports traditional therapy and rehabilitation, promoting a speedier recovery and return to the home.