Dear Resident/Family Member:
As cold weather approaches, we would like to let you know that we are working on a plan that would allow indoor visitation.
Although our plan is not complete yet, following is some information that we can share at this time:
- Indoor visitation will work in the same manner as the outdoor visitation has worked. Appointments will need to be made and screenings will take place by phone no more than 24 hours before the scheduled visit as well as upon arrival to the facility.
- Outdoor visits remain the preferred method of visitation, therefore, if the outside temperature is 60⁰ F or above, an outdoor visit will be scheduled.
- Indoor visits will be scheduled in a common area as determined by the facility. Visitors will be asked not to leave this common area for any reason.
- Social distancing must be maintained throughout the visit.
- Masks must be worn by everyone for the duration of the visit.
As an additional layer of protection, we have ordered air purifiers to be used in the designated visiting area. Due to overwhelming demand, they are currently on back-order and are expected to be delivered to us by the second week in October. We will begin scheduling indoor visits once those are in place.
Additionally, we are expecting additional guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health soon. This guidance may alter information in this letter. We will reach out to you again, once the details are finalized.
We understand how difficult this pandemic has been on all of you and thank you for your continued patience and support as we work our way though the ever-changing environment we are now living in. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.